Potter RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To structure the lives of your Harry Potter OCs.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

RP Grand Hall

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
SpaceGirl
Admin
SpaceGirl

RP Grand Hall Empty
PostSubject: RP Grand Hall   RP Grand Hall Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2014, 07:36

A very large and beautiful hall, with enough space for four house tables and one table for the professors. There are four large hourglasses that represent the house points. The ceiling is enchanted to show whatever the weather is like outside.
Back to top Go down
https://potterrp.rpg-board.net
DramaticFreak
Admin
DramaticFreak

RP Grand Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Grand Hall   RP Grand Hall Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2014, 07:49

Evangeline quite enjoyed the walk from the lake to the castle itself. The night was peaceful, sky dark with velvety clouds in different shades of night, indescribable colours that only the sky itself could conjure. No stars sparkled tonight, but the waxing crescent moon appeared every now and then to gaze down at the earth. Everything seemed very still as the group tramped up the hill. The grass barely stirred in the breeze, no animals scuttled around them, even the wind seemed reluctant to blow in case it should upset the delicate, still beauty of the evening. As she was appreciating this fact, the doors of Hogwarts confronted the first years, and Georgina Evangeline Loveridge.

Warm, welcoming light bathed everyone as the doors opened. A thickset wizard with the grin of a contented man welcomed them, explained that soon they would be sorted into their houses, which would be like their families at Hogwarts. Then, his eyes fell on the tall witch, standing at the back of the group with only a hint of a smile.

Professor Lineman: Evangeline, your father said you'd be here! I'm thrilled to see you, absolutely chuffed!

Exclaimed the wizard, opening his arms to Evangeline, who immediately made her way through the crowd of first years to hug the man she called uncle.

Professor Lineman: Nothing better than the hearty hug of a Hufflepuff!

He guffawed, pulling out of the hug to better look at her.

Prof L: My, you've grown up fast! Just like your mother. I want a proper chat with you later Miss Loveridge, but for now we must go to the feast. Everyone line up, don't get lost!

Evangeline took her place at the back of the line and followed everyone else into the room. The Great Hall was richly decorated in all shades of silver, gold and bronze. Brightly coloured flags and banners adorned the ceiling and walls in the four house colours: Gryffindor red, Hufflepuff yellow, Ravenclaw blue and Slytherin green. Some of the students were wide-eyed with wonder, gazing around, obviously overjoyed at being... home? Home to them. Others were too excited to be in awe, babbling to their friends animatedly. The four boys from the train fell into this category. The few that remained were subdued, isolated, not talking much at all, not taking notice of their surroundings. These were the homesick ones, she assumed.

Her observations were interrupted by some teacher or other explaining the sorting process, welcoming the students, and then was interrupted by a tatty-looking hat on a stool. It started to sing. Evangeline had heard all about this, of course, from her father, who often marvelled at the genius of the founders of Hogwarts, charming a hat to be so thorough in its analysis of a person. Her mother admitted that it was clever, but couldn't they have found a more elegant way of doing things if they HAD to sort the pupils?

Once the amusing song had come to an end (very whimsical, if not exactly a work of musical genius, though she couldn't fault the spellwork), the sorting began. Nervous first year after nervous first year sat on the stool, put the hat upon their head for varying lengths of time, and were then sorted into one of the four houses. Some looked thrilled, few looked disappointed, while most simply looked curious as they were welcomes by their new school family when they went to sit down. Finally, after York, Phyllis, had been sorted into Slytherin, the teacher from before stood in front of the school with a gleam in her eye and a smile on her face.

Professor Gruber: Congratulations to all of the first years, I am sure you will be very happy in your new houses, and that the older students will guide you in these first weeks, and accept you whole-heartedly into their beloved house. Now, as you may have noticed, there is still one student standing before you. Step forward, please, Miss Loveridge.

As Evangeline stepped forward, all eyes in the room (all except the dark eyes of one moody sod in a red tie) turned to look at her. Looking around the room, unphased by being the centre of attention, she smiled and gave a small wave to the room.

Professor Gruber: This is Georgina Loveridge, although I've been told that you prefer to be called Evangeline, has only recently moved to Britain after living in the Netherlands for the first sixteen years of her life, and therefore attending Beauxbatons, where she has completed her OWLs. Don't worry, she'd fluent in English, no translation charms will need to be used to communicate with her, but the fact is, she needs to be sorted! This is a rather unusual situation, I know, but whichever house receives Miss Loveridge, you are expected to welcome her with open arms. So, Miss Loveridge, if you would take a seat and place the Sorting Hat upon your head.

E: Thank you, Professor.

With her usual grace, Evangeline took her seat upon the stool and lightly placed the ragged hat over her smooth blonde hair. A smile twitched on her lips when she heard the hat speak to her.

Sorting Hat: Hm... Tricky, tricky indeed, I could see you in any of the four houses... Intelligent - what a brain! What do you intend to use your skills for?

"Doing as much good as I can." Evangeline thought to herself.

The hat groaned thoughtfully, then continued its analysis.

Sorting Hat: Ambitious, very, though you seem far too socially minded for Slytherin. You aren't willing to do whatever it takes to achieve your own ends, very conscious of how others perceive you. You're certainly hardworking and patient, though I sense a little too much pride for Hufflepuff - that's not always a bad thing. Now, let us see, brave and loyal, you would make a splendid Gryffindor, splendid indeed! However, ultimately your head rules your heart, so it must be...

There was a pause, then the hat shouted out to the whole room:

Sorting Hat: Ravenclaw!

As she stood to join the cheering blue table, she caught a glimpse of the boys she had met on the train clapping for her and cheering - three of them, anyway.

The feast was as spectacular as her father had described it to her. The food was sublime and as free-flowing as the conversation on the table. The students on either side of her seemed very interested in her life at Beauxbatons, asking questions about anything and everyone: from food to exams, balls to lessons, uniforms to teachers, they found everything interesting. Some seemed fascinated by the fact that she had started school a year earlier than them, at the age of ten instead of eleven.

E: It's so we have an extra year of preparation for our OWLs.

How many times had she explained that now?

Girl: Why don't you do them a year earlier, then? Sk you could finish school earlier?

E: School is compulsory until the age of 17, as you know, with most staying on until they're 18. By starting a year earlier we have extra preparation for OWLs, which gives us a better chance of an O or E on our OWLs, so that, overall, we'll do better on our NEWTs, because we've completely mastered the basics. No needs to go over them again during NEWT years. See?

After explaining this three times, if not more, everyone who seemed interested understood what she meant. If they didn't, they didn't let on.

Once the feat was over and everyone was following their prefects to their dormitories, Evangeline smiled to herself as she walked the halls that already felt like home. She would miss Beauxbatons immensely, with its white marble and sense of elegant grandeur, but Hogwarts offered new, exciting opportunities for her. For once in her life she wouldn't have to worry about having to mind her 'p's and 'q's at all times, or always having perfect posture, or getting up early to spend hours fixing her delicate uniform in place. This seemed more informal, and she liked that, that freedom. These halls weren't spotless, they looked lived-in, the kind of place one could tramp mud through without an inquisition and detention. Yes, Hogwarts definitely felt like home.

Her reverie was interrupted by someone clapping her on the back, which caused her to lose her balance and almost fall. When she turned to confront her assailant, she saw the boys from the train.

J: Congratulations! It's not Gryffindor, but it's not bad.
Back to top Go down
SpaceGirl
Admin
SpaceGirl

RP Grand Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Grand Hall   RP Grand Hall Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2014, 07:59

Peter smiled and nodded in agreement.

Amy pushed James aside and clapped Evangeline on the shoulder, in congratulations.

A: You'll have to tell me about the door riddle thing. It sounds weird. Cool weird, though. And you've got the ghouliest ghosts in Ravenclaw tower! 

She turned white and grinned.

Sirius did not speak. He fiddled with the Griffindor badge on his chest, as if to flaunt it.
Back to top Go down
DramaticFreak
Admin
DramaticFreak

RP Grand Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Grand Hall   RP Grand Hall Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2014, 08:04

Evangeline raised her eyebrows, laughing at their congratulations.

E: I'll tell you all about it, Amy. I've heard some stories about the ghosts here - apparently the Bloody Baron's terrifying.

She whispered, glancing around her.

J: If you're scared I can always protect you. I'm happy to volunteer.

He winked.

R: Oh, hi Lily.

James whipped around to see no one. He glared at Remus.

J: Cruel.
Back to top Go down
SpaceGirl
Admin
SpaceGirl

RP Grand Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Grand Hall   RP Grand Hall Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2014, 08:11

A: Don't cheat on your non-girlfriend, James!

As she was giggling, Lily Evans walked up to them, grinning profusely.

L: Oh, Evangeline! It's amazing, you're a Ravenclaw! You must be smart. You've got potions and history of magic with me I think. Maybe herbology as well. Let's compare timetables!

She pulled out a colour-coordinated sheet of paper from her bag.

S: God, Evans, that's a monstrosity.

L: Just because you can't be bothered to organise your things, Sirius.
Back to top Go down
DramaticFreak
Admin
DramaticFreak

RP Grand Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Grand Hall   RP Grand Hall Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2014, 08:14

Evangeline smiled haughtily at Sirius as she pulled out the timetable she had just been given for the next day.

E: Yes, Potions and History of Magic with the Gryffindors, and Herbology with Hufflepuff. I can hardly wait for tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
SpaceGirl
Admin
SpaceGirl

RP Grand Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Grand Hall   RP Grand Hall Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2014, 08:23

Lily tucked her timetable away, and then turned to look at James. She was about to open her mouth and speak to him, when a translucent figure swam between them. It was Nearly Headless Nick.

A: Oh! Hi Nick.

N: It's... Oh forget it.

He swooped off in another direction. Lily seemed to have forgotten what she was going to say. She looked back at Evangeline, and then waved and took off after some other Gryffindors.
Back to top Go down
DramaticFreak
Admin
DramaticFreak

RP Grand Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Grand Hall   RP Grand Hall Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2014, 08:29

E: I'd better go before the group gets out of sight - oh, I hope they haven't put me in a dorm with some first-years.

Evangeline waved, then took off. She even made running look elegant.

J: Don't look now, Sirius, but the yellow squadron of your fanclub's coming.

Sure enough, a group of Hufflepuffs were walking past, giggling.
Back to top Go down
Lurking Toilet Monster
Queen
Queen
Lurking Toilet Monster

RP Grand Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Grand Hall   RP Grand Hall Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2014, 08:30

A high voice echoed over the chatter of the Hufflepuff group. A figure broke from the crowd and darted around groups of people, barreling towards the group. Her Hufflepuff crest pinned upside down on the front of her robes, Millie was grinning at Sirius.

M: Sirius! Sirius Black!

She ground to a screeching, breathless halt in front of him.

M: Hi! I'm Millie. I know you probably don't me, but I know you. I know all about you.

Not that this wasn't creepy.

M: My real name is Millicent- oh my gosh it's James Potter, I love you!- Rugwald but you can call me Millie. Oh, I already said that. Hi.
Back to top Go down
DramaticFreak
Admin
DramaticFreak

RP Grand Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Grand Hall   RP Grand Hall Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2014, 08:32

James ran his hand through his hair, smirking.

J: Hi, Millie. Nice to meet you.
Back to top Go down
SpaceGirl
Admin
SpaceGirl

RP Grand Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Grand Hall   RP Grand Hall Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2014, 08:34

Sirius coughed a bit in shock, but winked at her, grinning.

S: Millie. Nice name.

Amy was giggling profusely, purple as a grape.
Back to top Go down
Lurking Toilet Monster
Queen
Queen
Lurking Toilet Monster

RP Grand Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Grand Hall   RP Grand Hall Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2014, 08:37

Millie made a gasping sound.

M: You like my name?! Oh my gosh, that's so cool! I think your name is so cool. Sirius Black. Sirius. Black. Like, I bet you're not very serious in real life. Well, this is real life. Is this real life? What if this is all a dream? It is a dream because I'm finally meeting you!

She turned to James and beamed, then giggled nervously.

M: Hi.

Millie proceeded to peer at Amy suspiciously.

M: Are you Sirius' girlfriend?
Back to top Go down
SpaceGirl
Admin
SpaceGirl

RP Grand Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Grand Hall   RP Grand Hall Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2014, 08:39

Amy drained in colour. What a disgusting remark.

A: God no, can you imagine?

Clearly this girl could imagine.

S: Leave her, Amy! No... I'm a free man at the moment.
Back to top Go down
DramaticFreak
Admin
DramaticFreak

RP Grand Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Grand Hall   RP Grand Hall Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2014, 08:40

James nudged Amy.

J: Nah, she's Remus' girlfriend, right?

R: W-What?!

Remus spluttered, eyes wide, the smug smile knocked from his face.
Back to top Go down
SpaceGirl
Admin
SpaceGirl

RP Grand Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Grand Hall   RP Grand Hall Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2014, 08:41

Amy shoved James and glared at him. 

A: God James, stop being so childish.
Back to top Go down
Lurking Toilet Monster
Queen
Queen
Lurking Toilet Monster

RP Grand Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Grand Hall   RP Grand Hall Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2014, 08:42

This caused Millie to giggle even more. She twirled some hair around her finger.

M: Cool, me too! I mean, I'm a girl. A free girl. Actually, I've never had a proper boyfriend. I bet you've had lots of girlfriends though.

She looked at Remus and Amy with her lips pursed.

M: You two are an adorable couple! Although he's kind of tall for you. That'd be awkward when you're kissing. Have you kissed yet?
Back to top Go down
DramaticFreak
Admin
DramaticFreak

RP Grand Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Grand Hall   RP Grand Hall Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2014, 08:43

R: No, no, he's kidding, we aren't going out.
Back to top Go down
SpaceGirl
Admin
SpaceGirl

RP Grand Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Grand Hall   RP Grand Hall Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2014, 08:44

Sirius snickered, but winked at Millie.

S: You hit a nerve sweetie.
Back to top Go down
Lurking Toilet Monster
Queen
Queen
Lurking Toilet Monster

RP Grand Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Grand Hall   RP Grand Hall Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2014, 08:45

M: Oh, okay.

She frowned at James, like she was scolding him for kidding about such a thing, but then she seemed to melt because Sirius had called her sweetie.
Back to top Go down
SpaceGirl
Admin
SpaceGirl

RP Grand Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Grand Hall   RP Grand Hall Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2014, 08:47

Sirius felt his grin widen, knowing that his charms were still fully functional.

S: Hey, don't worry. Walk with us for a bit, if you want.
Back to top Go down
Lurking Toilet Monster
Queen
Queen
Lurking Toilet Monster

RP Grand Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Grand Hall   RP Grand Hall Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2014, 08:48

Millie's eyes widened, like he was asking her to marry him. In her world, he was.

M: You want me to walk with you guys? Wow, okay!
Back to top Go down
DramaticFreak
Admin
DramaticFreak

RP Grand Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Grand Hall   RP Grand Hall Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2014, 08:52

Remus glared at James' back, then looked at Amy with a sheepish smile and a shrug.

R: Ignore him.

He whispered. James was oblivious, rolling his eyes at Millie's back.
Back to top Go down
SpaceGirl
Admin
SpaceGirl

RP Grand Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Grand Hall   RP Grand Hall Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2014, 08:53

Amy nodded throwing her left arm around her friend and grinning.

A: You are too tall for me.

Sirius winked at James, sticking his tongue out.

S: What year are you in then?
Back to top Go down
Lurking Toilet Monster
Queen
Queen
Lurking Toilet Monster

RP Grand Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Grand Hall   RP Grand Hall Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2014, 08:55

Millie tittered as she walked with them. Her friends were gasping behind her.

M: I'm sixteen, so sixth.
Back to top Go down
SpaceGirl
Admin
SpaceGirl

RP Grand Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Grand Hall   RP Grand Hall Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2014, 08:56

S: Bet you know how old I am.

He made a rude gesture behind his back at James.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RP Grand Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Grand Hall   RP Grand Hall Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RP Grand Hall
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next