Potter RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To structure the lives of your Harry Potter OCs.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

RP Games and Stuff!

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
DramaticFreak
Admin
DramaticFreak

RP Games and Stuff! - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Dec 2014, 12:08

Good.
Back to top Go down
Lurking Toilet Monster
Queen
Queen
Lurking Toilet Monster

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Dec 2014, 12:15

Cos troll fat is a key ingredient in wand polish, duh.

I tried. And yeah idk I guess it's like thinking you can actually drive a car in NYC without almost dying (like Boston).
Back to top Go down
DramaticFreak
Admin
DramaticFreak

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Dec 2014, 12:16

Yeah, so prices could go up, duh.

Or London, actually. Or anywhere in Italy.
Back to top Go down
Lurking Toilet Monster
Queen
Queen
Lurking Toilet Monster

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Dec 2014, 12:17

Oh wait, haha, I just realized my mistake XD

Any of the cool places.
Back to top Go down
DramaticFreak
Admin
DramaticFreak

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Dec 2014, 12:28

GOSH you fool.

Basically.
Back to top Go down
Lurking Toilet Monster
Queen
Queen
Lurking Toilet Monster

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Dec 2014, 12:32

Its been a long day okay?!
Back to top Go down
DramaticFreak
Admin
DramaticFreak

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Dec 2014, 12:33

Whatevs.
Back to top Go down
Lurking Toilet Monster
Queen
Queen
Lurking Toilet Monster

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Dec 2014, 14:36

I finished the first part of my sequel and I want to cry, somebody hold me please.
Back to top Go down
DramaticFreak
Admin
DramaticFreak

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Dec 2014, 14:37

Evangeline at War

Evangeline looked at the girl in the mirror. Black hair just past her chin with a heavy fringe, sultry dark red lips, long legs, stockinged, barely covered by the dark emerald velvet of her dress. She wore high heels, black leather, a choker of onyx and bracelets to match. Over the strapless dress, a long black coat hugged her arms and shoulders. With a sigh, she fastened it, covering the dress. Evangeline watched the black-painted fingers fiddle with the ties on the coat. The girl's hands were shaking. She couldn't have been much older than 19; little more than a child, though she was dressed like a woman. Once she was satisfied with her reflection, the girl took a deep breath and turned from the mirror. It was only then, really, when she could no longer see the girl, that Evangeline realised that she was the girl.

Alice, Frank Longbottom's sweetheart, a short girl with a brown bob, headband and thick, octagonal glasses walked in and smiled at Evangeline. Her brown corduroy skirt, woolly grey tights and sensible loafers contrasted sharply with Evangeline's stockings and stilettos. Alice wore no makeup - Evangeline's painted face suddenly felt gaudy. She wished she could take Alice's burgundy and mustard cardigan to cover herself up more than the slinky black coat did. Even that felt dirty. Alice's smile wavered as she looked Evangeline and down, as pity crept into her expression.

"You look..."

"The part?" Evangeline suggested, to a nod from Alice. The shorter girl stepped towards the taller, a frown furrowing her round face.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" She whispered to Evangeline. What could she say? No, she wasn't sure she wanted to, but she knew that she had to. There was doubt. She was frightened, to say the least. It wasn't going to be easy, she knew that. When Dumbledore had suggested it, she had jumped at the opportunity. Who better for the job than she? Only, now it was time to go, she remembered everything negative. The danger. The consequences. Sirius. But she answered, voice unwavering like the actress she was.

"I'm doing it. I won't let everyone down."

Alice just nodded silently and motioned for Evangeline to follow her into the next room. Waiting there were Lily, Remus, Millie, and Dumbledore. All of them turned to look when Evangeline entered, and were sobered by what they saw. Their friend in some costume, some disguise. Even Remus, grief-stricken by the sudden loss of Amy, managed to push that thought to the back of his mind and focus on the horrors facing another teenage girl, another person he loved. He inwardly cursed war, Death Eaters, Voldemort. Everyone. Lily immediately stood and went to Evangeline, taking her hands and looking her up and down, whispering last-minute encouragement, while Millie watched from afar. Was it Evangeline? In a way it was not. It was another girl, hardened by war, tuned out from her own pain and thinking only of helping the Order.

When Dumbledore stood, Lily stepped aside and went back to her seat, followed by Alice. His usually clear eyes were misty when he looked at Evangeline.

"Merlin, what am I asking you to do? Making you do?" he muttered, thinking aloud. Evangeline took his hand.

"No one is making me do anything. This is my choice," she whispered, giving him a smile. "I'm doing it, no one could stop me, now. I've come this far... just, keep your promises, and I'll keep mine."

They shared a nod, then Dumbledore fetched her a tiny, envelope-sized handbag. It was black patent leather, designed to hang from her shoulder. Evangeline took it, shouldering it. So light - yet she bore the weight of the world on her shoulders with it.

"The bag contains everything you will require tonight: a map, fake identification, some money, both wizarding and muggle currencies, your wand, and I believe the ladies insisted on packing some make up, in case you need to reapply it."

"It isn't just that," Millie insisted.

"You know James and Sirius-" Merlin, Sirius... "-have those mirrors, so they can talk to each other?" Remus said earnestly, making Evangeline nod.

"The compact in your bag has one of them in it. If you need anything, absolutely anything... if it goes wrong, or you're lost, or you change your mind at the last minute, use it to contact us." Lily insisted. "Please."

Evangeline smiled at them all, trying to hide her shaking hands. "I will. Thank you. If you don't mind, I'm not going to hug any of you, or cry, or say goodbye or anything, because I'm perfectly determined to come back in one piece. And remember, please, not a word to Sirius. That is all I ask."

The small congregation bowed their heads and murmured their compliance with her terms. Having obtained their word of silence, Evangeline made for the door. Had it not been opened before she reached it, she would have melted into the night as planned. But it did open. And standing in the doorway was Sirius. From behind him, James was babbling on about going back to the shops, as he'd forgotten to buy that hair serum he needed, and Sirius had seen what his hair was like without and, and how just because they were in hiding didn't mean he couldn't look good. Sirius was having none of it, laughing at how ridiculous James sounded.

The smile died on his lips as he saw Evangeline.

At first he looked confused, then slightly amused as he raised his hands to gesture at her wig, and finally stricken as the penny dropped. Slowly, as if in slow motion, in fact, he turned on his heel, and with his half-raised hand pointed an accusing finger at Dumbledore, who had a look of calm stoicism on his wrinkled features.

"No."

Sirius' voice shook, whether with rage or with fear or with anguish it wasn't clear. When Evangeline took a step towards him, the beginnings of a rebuttal on her lips, Sirius said, without even looking at her, with such cold ferocity that it startled her into stillness, "Don't even try."

No one moved or spoke, so aware of the pressure brought in and held so expertly by Sirius. They felt bound by it, as if he held strings of tension, coiled around them all, that at any one moment he could pull, slicing through them. The next person to speak had to be him, they knew it. Anyone else's words would fall on deaf ears.

"This isn't happening." Sirius drew out each syllable, never breaking eye contact with Dumbledore - still infuriatingly calm - to make sure that he understood. "She isn't going."

"Aren't I?" Evangeline suddenly interjected.

"No, you are not!" Came the bark of response from Sirius, once again not looking at her. "Dumbledore, you told me you'd abandoned the plans, that no one would have to go. You lied to me!" He roared, taking a rapid, threatening step towards the old man, who did not move.

"I was convinced otherwise." Dumbledore told him quietly, looking deliberately over his shoulder at Evangeline.

Sirius' face was twisted with rage, and in that moment he truly hated Dumbledore. "So you decided to force Evangeline into going along with your sordid, perverted little plan?!" And he spat. Dumbledore only shrugged slightly.

"I suggest you speak to Evangeline."

When Sirius whipped around to look at her, his face soon lost the distortions of of anger, replaced by confusion. He was evidently at a loss. After a few seconds deliberation, he whispered, "Did he make you do this?" Evangeline shook her head. "Was it... was it your idea for you to go?" As tears welled in both of their eyes, Evangeline closed hers and nodded, trying not to let her tears go, in case it made her make up run. After all, she still had to go once she had convinced Sirius. Although the anguish, the hurt, in his face made her doubt the wisdom of her actions. "W-Why?"

The pain in that word was unbearable for her. She couldn't look at him. She'd done that, she'd hurt him like that. It was her fault. Her fault the strongest man she knew was crying in front of everyone he held dear.

"B-Because... because I have to. I need to go there tonight. We need that information."

"There has to be another way, Evangeline, a-a-anything but th-this!" he stammered, voice cracking. Every now and then he'd jerkily wipe his face, like he hoped no one had seen the tears yet, although of course a blind man would have been able to tell he was crying. With soothing hands, Evangeline brushed her fingers over his cheeks, feeling how moist they were, catching the salty dew.

"You and I know that isn't true. Nothing will happen, Sirius, I swear to you. I'm coming back and nothing has to change."

Try as she might, her even tone was not enough to soothe his raw and erratic emotion. "It will, though! How could you volunteer for this, Evangeline?! It isn't just some mission, it isn't just breaking in, it's being a-a fucking prostitute for Death Eaters!"

"It isn't like that! I just go in, flirt with them a little bit, have a bit of a snoop around, then confundus them."

"You missed out the bit where you take your bloody clothes off!" Sirius choked out. "You go to that seedy club and pretend to be some whore, just to get the name of one more Death Eater! It isn't worth it!"

"Sirius, we know that it's their base now, all of their information is there."

"Their eyes, their hands, they'll be all over you! If they find out you're one of us, if you get recognised-"

"I won't! Sirius, please, let me go," she plead with him.

He sniffed loudly, looking around at the room full of people. "You all know, too. All of you. I suppose that's why we went out tonight, eh James?" James looked down at the ground as his friend eyeballed him. He felt like Judas. "You've helped plan to send my girlfriend off to a brothel, to be f-" Not that, the thought was too horrible to contemplate, "-to be abused by Death Eaters! Well why her? Why not any one of you lot?" He pointed at each and every girl in the room, letting them feel his anger in pulsing waves. "James, what if it was Lily? Would you let her go?"

James closed his eyes and blocked out the guilt, the horror of what he was saying. "Yes. Because if she wanted to do it I know I couldn't stop her. It wouldn't be right for me to. But she can't do it, Sirius."

"And why not?" Sirius screamed, blind with fury.

"Because she's pregnant!" James shouted back, finally one of them raising their voice against Sirius. And then there was silence as the whole room looked at Lily and James. They held hands and looked back. "We didn't want you to find out like this. It isn't the time to talk about it."

Sirius, reeling from the shock, turned back to Evangeline, who had let a single tear escape her eye. "Do you... do you really want to go? Do it?" She nodded. He sighed and looked her straight in the eye. "And you promise to come back to me?"

"Of course I do!" Evangeline was, by now, in sirius danger of weeping.

"Then... go."

Before she had time to register what he'd just said, Sirius grabbed her and held her so tightly it hurt her, but she didn't care. She clung back for minutes, both of them sobbing. Finally they wrenched themselves apart, and Evangeline hurriedly went to the door, Sirius following, before he changed his mind.

"Promise me this won't change anything," she hissed desperately as she opened the door.

"Of course not!"

Both still raw from crying, they turned away from each other. Sirius only knew she was gone when the door closed. Almost immediately he turned and tried to follow her, shouting a hoarse "No!", but was restrained by James and Remus' arms around his chest, pulling him back. Eventually he stopped fighting, he stilled, and went to bed to wait for her to come home.

In the night, Evangeline felt her tears dry in the wind as the darkness enveloped her, and she became no one but The Girl in the Green Dress.
Back to top Go down
Lurking Toilet Monster
Queen
Queen
Lurking Toilet Monster

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Dec 2014, 14:52

Oh my gosh.
Back to top Go down
Lurking Toilet Monster
Queen
Queen
Lurking Toilet Monster

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Dec 2014, 14:52

Holy crap.
Back to top Go down
DramaticFreak
Admin
DramaticFreak

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Dec 2014, 14:57

Good or bad?
Back to top Go down
Lurking Toilet Monster
Queen
Queen
Lurking Toilet Monster

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Dec 2014, 23:50

SO GOOD
Back to top Go down
DramaticFreak
Admin
DramaticFreak

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Dec 2014, 00:03

Why thank you.
Back to top Go down
Lurking Toilet Monster
Queen
Queen
Lurking Toilet Monster

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Dec 2014, 00:41

Fave part was when it all happened
Back to top Go down
DramaticFreak
Admin
DramaticFreak

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Dec 2014, 00:49

Oh yeah I liked that bit too.
Back to top Go down
Lurking Toilet Monster
Queen
Queen
Lurking Toilet Monster

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Dec 2014, 01:47

You people have wounded me.
Back to top Go down
DramaticFreak
Admin
DramaticFreak

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Dec 2014, 01:53

Sorry. Might do a mini follow up.
Back to top Go down
Lurking Toilet Monster
Queen
Queen
Lurking Toilet Monster

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Dec 2014, 02:07

No, let us recover first.
Back to top Go down
DramaticFreak
Admin
DramaticFreak

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Dec 2014, 03:43

No.
Back to top Go down
Lurking Toilet Monster
Queen
Queen
Lurking Toilet Monster

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Dec 2014, 04:24

The deed is done.

----

“I can’t believe it,” Millie said excitedly. “We’re actually doing a rescue mission. This is like in the books!”

The whole group groaned for what seemed like the fifth time that day. It was a long one, mainly consisting of them hiking through the woods towards an undisclosed location. They’d been told to look for suspicious activity. That was all.

“Millie, there’s no guarantee that we’re actually going to get to be heroic today,” James said. “Or ever. In fact, our efforts are probably going duly un-noted.”

“You mean I took that bat bogey hex for you for nothing?”

“Precisely, although it was a valiant effort,” he responded, grinning. The whole group laughed and continued on. Soon, night fell, the whole wood around them dark save for the light of a single illuminated wand. Rain trickled down the leaves of trees and eventually pattered against their heads.

“Well, this is dreary,” Sirius said, and then he muttered something when he rammed into Evangeline’s back in the most innocent way possible. “What are you doing?”

“Wait,” she said. “Look.” They all followed Evangeline’s finger to where she pointed: an empty clearing in the woods. “Do you see it?”

“See what?” Millie asked.

That.

“Oh, Merlin, she’s gone mad,” James murmured. “Great, with her gone, we’re all definitely going to die now. I say we eat Remus first.”

“I’m not insane, though you might be,” Evangeline snapped. “If you actually looked, you’d see that there was a disillusionment charm placed here.”

“…She’s blind as a bat, isn’t she?”

Huffing with frustration, Evangeline marched closer to the clearing and waved her wand, murmuring something Millie couldn’t hear. After a second or two, the space in front of her shimmered, then, as if peeling away a film, the concealment faded to reveal an old shack.

“Whoa.” Millie let out a low whistle. “Should we go in?”

“Are you crazy?” Remus asked incredulously. “If it was concealed, then there’s obviously something in there.”

“Which is all the more reason to go in,” James said. “Come on.”

Remus and Millie cast each other a look before they all followed James into the shack. It was old and rickety, with the wood eaten away by bugs. Some parts of the walls were collapsed in, as was part of the ceiling. As they made their way further inside, they found it’d been abandoned long ago. It was scarcely furnished, though by the way some personal belongings were still left behind, it was evident the previous owner had been in a hurry to get out.

“Creepy,” Millie whispered with a shudder, like if she spoke too loud then the whole house would collapse.

Evangeline’s warning came from another corner of the house, near the stairs. “Guys, look.” Her wand revealed blood that stained the stairs. It was still fresh. She turned to look at them, face grave. “I think it may be a half-blood.”

“How can you tell?”

“I just…have a feeling. Millie, Peter, and James, you wait down here and let us know if anybody’s coming. The rest of us will go upstairs and check it out.” Millie nodded and moved to the door with Peter and James, while the others went upstairs.

“You always seem to get paired with Peter, Millie,” James said. “It must be a sign.”

Millie rolled her eyes at him, leaning against the open doorway. “Yeah, sure.”

“I think you two would make a great couple.”

“Thanks for the input, James.”

James was quiet for a moment or two. “Millie?”

“Yes, James?”

“He’s not coming back.”

Millie turned her head to glare at James, expecting his usual ’Regulus is horrible’ face, only to see genuine honesty. She shook her head at him and turned back to her post. All was still in the forest surrounding the shack – and then, she saw the tip of a wand light up in the distance. That small light was all she needed to recognize the familiar mask of a Death Eater, only instead of one, there were many. Just as Millie turned to shout to the others, Evangeline’s scream pierced the house, followed by the panicked shouts of Sirius and Remus. “James! We have company.” They, along with Peter, raced out to meet the Death Eaters, who were already beginning to shoot sparks into the sky. The three versus the six were severely outnumbered, especially with Peter, who basically didn’t even count.

“I’m going to kill you!” one of them screamed, a male, as three Death Eaters split off into the house.

“No shit!” James shouted at him, sending a hex his way. As Peter weakly faced off with the second, the third, a female, approached Millie, snarling.

“I’m going to enjoy this.” She sneered, raising her wand. “Crucio!

“No!” James shouted, grunting as he took a hex from his opponent. Millie raised her arms over her face as the red sparks shot towards her, like she was trying to shield herself. But instead of the sparks meeting her body, they met an invisible shield and bounced off into various directions. Regulus’ protection orb. Millie gasped and lifted her head to see the Death Eater gazing at her in bewilderment. Or rather, not her, but the shield – part of it had cracked. The Death Eater sneered again.

“You think you can escape me, you little pest? Stupefy!” Millie flinched as the spell hit her shield, the wall cracking yet again. The Death Eater cackled as she dodged Millie’s defenses, sending spell after spell, hex after hex, until the orb looked on the verge of breaking completely. “I know all about you. Poor little Millie Rugwald, the only daughter of a family nobody cares about. I’ve been wanting you dead for a while,” the Death Eater said, circling Millie, stalking her like prey. “You’re quite the runner. You escaped me twice now.”

“You’re not very good at your job, then,” Millie spat back. “The Dark Lord must not be pleased with you.”

The Death Eater let out a loud screech, followed by shrill laughter. “Goodbye, vermin. Avada kedavra!”

“Millie!” James screamed, but it was too late. The deadly green sparks fanned out from the Death Eater’s wand. Millie scrunched her eyes shut, accepting her inevitable death – and then, the sound of glass breaking. Millie’s eyes flashed open as the orb shattered, the pieces falling around her like glass. The Death Eater gave a short scream when the green sparks bounced back right into her body. There was a flash, and then nothing. She toppled over onto the ground, dead.

To Millie’s left, James let out a noise of surprise when his opponent disapparated, as did Peter’s. Moments later, the others raced out of the house, their faces shining with sweat and the blood of both themselves and the Death Eaters. “What happened?” Evangeline asked breathlessly.

“The protection orb, it shielded me. The Death Eater tried to kill me, but then the orb shattered. The spell bounced back, and…well, I think you can figure out the rest.” All eyes rested heavily on the dead Death Eater, except for Evangeline, who was looking at Millie sadly. “What?” Millie asked. “Why are you looking at me like that?”

“Millie…the orb only breaks when the person who cast it is dead.”

Dark Lord strikes again: half-bloods brutally murdered in their own beds - will he ever relent?’ asked one newspaper article, the bodies of the victims glaring back at Regulus, though their eyes were closed. He looked around at his room, decorated with various Slytherin-related things, but mainly propaganda of Voldemort. Then he made his way over to his nightstand and pulled the single drawer open, taking out his stack of letters from a hidden compartment, most of them unopened. All of them had the same elegant handwriting on the envelope, all of them from the same person, all of them starting and ending with the same thing. ’Dear Regulus,’ and ’My love always, Millie’. Towards the bottom of the stack were the notes passed during their years at Hogwarts, many of them exchanged during hurried meetings before curfew, others slipped into his pocket on those blissful days when they could just be with each other, Regulus’ arm around her waist or his hand stroking her soft skin. Over the years, he’d forced those memories away along with Millie, in an effort to forget about her, or rather, to make her forget him. Maybe, that way, she wouldn’t get hurt by what he did. But she was relentless. Letters every week, some short, others long. Each one that went unopened dug at him, because he knew if he opened them, then everything about her would come rushing back. At least he knew she was alive.

His attention was drawn away from the letters when he heard a familiar whooshing sound from somewhere in the house. It must have been his mother – certainly not Sirius. Hurriedly, he shoved the letters back into the compartment and slammed the drawer shut, then left his room. Upon entering the hallway, he found not his mother, but Kreacher, bloodied and battered, scarcely able to even stand up. “Kreacher!” Regulus exclaimed, hurrying over to the house elf. “What happened to you?”

“Master Regulus volunteered Kreacher to the Dark Lord, so Kreacher obliged…it would be an honor to serve the Dark Lord…” Kreacher croaked. “The Dark Lord took Kreacher to a cave, and made Kreacher drink the potion…the horrible, horrible potion…and then the Dark Lord left Kreacher to die…”

Regulus stared at his poor house elf in horror. “How did you get out?”

“Master Regulus told Kreacher to come home when he finished, so K-Kreacher used his magic to apparate out…Kreacher is so thirsty…”

Immediately, Regulus grabbed a nearby vase, dumped out the dead flowers, and filled it with water using his wand. He thrust it at Kreacher, hands shaking, and watched as the house elf took the water and drank it, almost greedily. “You said the Dark Lord did this to you?”

Kreacher merely nodded. Suddenly, a boiling rage filled Regulus, making his blood burn in his veins. How dare he? How dare Voldemort abuse Regulus’ own house elf, the one Regulus had so loyally volunteered? Without a word, Regulus moved to his room and felt along his wall until he found the hidden panel, then he opened it and grabbed the thing he’d spent so much time protecting, concealing from everyone, even Kreacher. Part of him had hoped that he wouldn’t even have to use it, but now nothing was stopping him from fulfilling the plan that had been swirling in his head ever since the encounter with Millie.

“The locket,” Kreacher said. “The Dark Lord made Kreacher drink the potion, so the Dark Lord could place the locket…”

“This isn’t the real one,” Regulus said as he closed the panel, holding the locket in his fist. “It’s only a fake. Kreacher, listen to me closely. I want you to take me to the cave and get me past whatever you faced there.”

Kreacher’s beady eyes widened considerably. “But Master Regulus-”

“I’m ordering you to do this, Kreacher.”

Kreacher bowed his head. “Very well.” Then, slowly, he padded over to his master and took his hand, then used his elf magic to apparate into the cave. Regulus grunted as they landed – house elf magic was difficult to get used to. Once they got there, he looked around, realizing he could no longer go back. The cave was giant, seemingly endless, with a single island set in the middle of a large body of water. When Regulus turned around, he was faced with a glowing pedestal, a small basin set on top of it. There was a shell set in what looked like water, but nothing else. “Where’s the locket?” he asked Kreacher.

“The potion must be drank before the locket appears, Master Regulus,” the house elf answered, almost nervously.

Regulus stared down into the potion, seeing his calculating grey eyes staring back at him. But instead of his usual coldness, he saw somebody he didn’t recognize: a nervous, scared boy who had been dragged into something far greater than him. Now, he was paying the price. “Very well, then. I need a quill and some parchment, Kreacher.”

Kreacher produced the items, and Regulus took them. Using the side of the pedestal as a writing surface, he pressed the tip of the quill to the parchment, and with shaking hands, scrawled the words that he would never dare to say. Once his signature was finished, he swallowed hard and folded the parchment up. “Kreacher,” he began unsteadily, “make sure I drink it, all of it, and when I finish the potion, I want you to replace the real locket with the fake one. And then I want you to leave. Take the locket, and destroy-”

“Master Regulus-”

“Destroy the locket,” Regulus continued, as if Kreacher hadn’t even interrupted, “and don’t tell a single soul.”

“Nobody?”

Regulus’ mind flashed to Millie, his stomach immediately clenching. He thought of her smile, how she could make anybody happy with just a single look, how her laughter was so contagious. Conversely, she could be so hotheaded, almost frighteningly so. Too emotional, too invested in the people she loved. Kreacher’s gait reminded him of how clumsy she was, so clumsy that it was endearing, especially when she tripped against him and burst into laughter. And then she was just her, so beautiful, more gorgeous than any other woman he’d ever seen. It was for those reasons that Regulus shook his head, swallowing down the tears that threatened to spill over. She deserved a life beyond him, a life where she could get married and have kids of her own – not a life where she had to constantly be on the run for associating with the man who had betrayed the Dark Lord. “Nobody,” he answered. Kreacher nodded and inclined his head to the ground. Regulus turned to face the basin and looked down into it.

“Thank you, Kreacher,” he whispered, before he picked up the shell, dipped it in the basin, and raised it to his lips. He paused for a fraction of a second and then tipped his head back, downing the liquid. Immediately, he gagged and tried to spit the potion out, already beginning to feel a hot, searing pain tearing at his stomach. Still, he refilled the shell and drank more, and more, until he was on the ground, writhing in pain.

“Master Regulus must drink the rest!” he heard Kreacher say, but he sounded far-off. Regulus’ vision faded in and out, his head throbbing, every bone in his body aching, his skin feeling like it was tearing off. When he looked up, he saw Millie standing there, smiling at him.

“I love you. You know that, right?” she asked, then she erupted into laughter, writhing as though she was being tickled. “Regulus! Regulus, quit it! Stop tickling me!” A small smile touched his lips as she grasped an invisible rail, still laughing, her face alight with radiant happiness. Then, her face contorted to reflect sheer pain. Another figure entered his vision, a Death Eater he didn’t recognize, cackling as he watched Millie grab at the air.

“Crucio!” The Death Eater pointed his wand at her body, laughing as she screamed in pain.

“Please!” Millie screamed, sweat dripping down her face. “Please stop! I’ll do anything!”

Regulus gasped and squeezed his eyes shut as another shell of liquid was forced into his mouth by hands that were not his own. When he opened his eyes again, he saw Millie laying beside him. “We could get disguises, run away. I’d do anything for you.” Then she leaned forward and pressed a kiss to his lips, her mouth still as soft as it had been years ago. One hand sifted through his hair while she lowered her lips to his arm, trailing them along his Dark Mark, teeth playfully teasing the skin.

“Voldemort will…kill you,” Regulus ground out, still gasping.

“Don’t be silly,” she whispered in his ear. “He already has.”

“This is the last one.” Kreacher’s voice echoed in Regulus’ ears, disrupting the image and causing it to fade into smoke. “Is Master Regulus sure?”

Regulus could do nothing but nod. Kreacher’s hesitation was only brief, as he could not refuse his master’s orders, before he fed Regulus the last shell. Regulus grunted and fell onto his side, tears stinging at his eyes. His body was wracking with pain, but none of the ache compared to the sight he saw when his eyes opened. Sirius, standing above him, looking down at him with disdain. “You’re pathetic,” his brother spat at him. “Look at you. Poor baby brother is dying. Too bad for you, there’s no mummy and daddy here to help you now. No wonder I left you. And to think I had hope we’d be brothers again…” And then Sirius was gone, all traces of Millie disappearing along with the pain. Slowly, Regulus sat up and looked around to see Kreacher peering at him. He was so thirsty…

Slowly, Regulus got to his feet and grabbed the locket that was now sitting at the bottom of the basin. He tucked the note he’d written earlier inside of the fake one, then handed it to Kreacher. “Switch them, and destroy the real one,” Regulus mumbled. “Now leave.”

All Regulus received was sadness in his house elf’s eyes before Kreacher bowed his head as a sort of thanks. He switched the two lockets, then spun around and disappeared. Regulus clenched his shaking fists and looked around at the lake. Water. He needed water. He tried to take a step, but he was so weak, he fell. On hands and knees, he crawled over to the water’s edge and cupped his trembling hands, lowering them to the water. He drew his hands to his lips and sipped the lake water, gasping at the thirst that arose in him. Once that handful was gone, he leaned down for another – and then a hand reached out and grabbed his wrist. Regulus shouted, startled, and reeled back, the hand still clenched tight around his wrist. He scrambled up, but his efforts were in vain, for an army of pale white corpses amassed from the depths of the lake, some crawling towards him, others lumbering on uneven legs. The hand around his wrist dragged him towards the water, making him powerless to escape. Soon, he was completely submerged, hands grasping at his throat, legs, arms, everywhere. Suddenly, a sort of forceful wave radiated from his body, and something inside him shattered like glass in the same moment that Millie’s protection orb broke, somewhere in the world. A small light appeared in front of him, reflecting Millie’s face as the Death Eater attacking her fell to the ground with a green flash. She’s safe. Within seconds, Regulus’ last breath escaped him, and the Inferi pulled him to the bottom of the lake. Regulus Black was dead.

“No,” Millie said slowly, her voice shaking. “No, you’re wrong. He can’t be dead. He just can’t.” Millie felt that familiar cold seeping into her body, raising goosebumps on her arms. Her heart was thudding wildly, her hands shaking, and then her chest started heaving with the sobs soon to come. “You’re wrong,” she whispered.

“Millie,” Evangeline said gently, like Millie was an animal she was planning to sedate, “it says in the books that-”

“I don’t give a shit about your books!” Millie screamed, making Evangeline jump back in surprise. “He can’t be dead! He told me- he was going to get through this. He told me he was going to find me.” Millie’s words came out unsteady and broken, her throat now choking with raw emotion as the sobs wracked her body so violently that she stumbled to the ground. She grasped the wet grass as her emotions consumed her, the tears coming so rapidly that they blinded her.

“Bastard had it coming to him,” she heard Sirius mumble to James, but even Sirius looked on sadly, his eyes glassy with the realization that his brother, his own flesh and blood, was dead. Gone.

Millie’s breath came in short, sharp gasps as her cries of anguish continued, so heavily that she did not even feel James’ arm wrap around her. “Millie, we have to go,” he said to her. “We don’t know if the Death Eaters are coming back.”

“I don’t c-care,” she shuddered out. “Let me die. I don’t care anymore. I have nothing.” She didn’t see the hurt flash briefly across her friends’ faces, but it passed as quickly as it had come. James looked up and nodded at Evangeline, who, with a grave face, turned and whispered a charm. With a wave of her wand, fire shot from the tip and immediately consumed the old shack, lighting a blaze in the dark night. She turned around and looked at Millie, who had quieted, but was still sniffling and hiccuping.

“It’s time,” Evangeline said. “Let’s go home, guys.”

But the safe house was not their home, only a temporary stand-in until they were moved yet again, something they were all too painfully aware of. In a surprising show of tenderness, James lifted Millie from the ground. “No!” she screamed, attempting to wrestle away from him. “Don’t take me back there! Don’t do this to me, please, I want to go home, I want to go home…” She collapsed into sobs again, shoulders shaking.

Evangeline sniffed and looked down at the ground as Millie’s pleas pierced the night, with James attempting to console her. Sirius glanced at Evangeline, his face stained with a single tear. She extended her hand to him, and he took it, then he extended his hand to Remus. Remus took it, and so on, until they were all joining hands in a small circle. They stayed like this for a moment, and then they were gone.

Seconds later, they arrived in the living room of the safe house. Dumbledore, who was thumbing through a knitting magazine with an expression of great curiosity, looked up in surprise when the previously peaceful house was disrupted by the nervous clamor of the group. “Oh, dear,” he said with a sigh. “What happened?”

Remus glanced at the old man, grimacing. “The war happened.”

Millie looked up at Dumbledore, tears frozen on her face. “What the hell are you doing? We’re out there, risking our lives for the wizarding world, for you, and you’re here looking through a freaking knitting magazine? You could have saved him!” she shouted angrily, so infuriated that James had to restrain her again, in order to keep her from lunging at Dumbledore. “You could have saved Regulus, my Regulus, and you’re sitting here on a couch, eating – what the hell are those, cheese puffs? –, you son of a bitch!” Without even realizing what she was doing, she took the bowl containing the unrecognizable snack and flung it at Dumbledore, who dodged it with a wave of his wand.

Still breathing heavily, Millie’s silent tears dripped onto the carpet. Lily, who had stayed behind that mission, let out a gasp when she entered the room. “Millie? Are you-”

James shook his head at her. Lily nodded, then took Millie’s hand and gently brought her upstairs. Silently, she helped her friend dress into her pajamas, then she took a brush and slowly ran it through Millie’s hair. Millie was still shuddering, occasionally making a choked noise in the back of her throat. Once this was done, they just sat together in still silence, Lily running her fingers through Millie’s hair as she hugged a pillow to her chest.

After what seemed like hours, Remus knocked on the open door. “Feel like some company?” he asked. When he received no answer, he sighed and pushed into the room anyway. “Thanks, Lily,” he murmured as Lily went out. Remus stood awkwardly in the middle of the room, just watching Millie stare emptily at the floor, then he sat down beside her and put a hand on his shoulder.

“You don’t have to do this,” she mumbled. “Try to help, that is. Or treat me like I’m some- some broken doll.”

“I’m not going to do that,” he answered softly. “I know how much you loved him. When I lost Amy…it felt like everything inside of me was shattering, like I had nothing left to live for. And for a while, the world did seem very bleak. I went through that period when the emotion consumed me, when everything reminded me of her, and that moment when I realized that the happily-ever-after I had planned in my head wasn’t going to happen. I get it.” He stroked her hair when Millie rested her head on his shoulder, sniffling once again. “But Millie, the days keep passing. The world doesn’t stop, and you don’t stop living. It may hurt to go on, but you have to. For the Order, for us, for Regulus.”

“But why?” Millie choked out. “Why do we even have to do this? Why do I have to get hurt nearly every day? Why do Evangeline and Sirius always have to look at each other like it’s the last time they’ll ever see each other? Why does this war even exist in the first place, Remus?”

“I don’t know.” He sighed. “Because the world is screwed up, I guess. Because the Death Eaters and You-Know-Who don’t care. They don’t have anybody to love.”

“So they choose to kill the ones we love?”

Remus didn’t answer. Instead, he just sat with her, thumb stroking her shoulder as she cried silently into his shoulder. When there was nothing left to cry for, and all Millie had left inside was numbness, she quieted and eventually fell asleep. Remus stayed there with her for a while, then carefully moved away and pulled the covers over her. She was so exhausted that she didn’t even wake up. Remus pressed a kiss to her forehead before he straightened up and went downstairs, where everyone was gathered around the kitchen table, bags hanging under their eyes.

When Remus left the room, Millie stirred and rolled onto her back, eyes peeling open. She swung her legs over the edge of the bed and padded downstairs, where she stood outside of the kitchen door, listening.

“…more to it than that,” Evangeline was saying. “Why would he just get killed?”

“Maybe he just…got in too deep,” Sirius said. “We all know how involved he was. Just his room alone was plastered with everything related to You-Know-Who.”

“Rest assured, I will do my best to find out what happened to the boy.” Millie heard Dumbledore shift in his seat, as he was prone to doing. “But know that the war is not over. Whatever happened to him, I fear this is just the beginning.”

“The beginning of what, though?” Lily asked. Millie envisioned Lily lovingly running her hands over her baby bump, as if she were cradling the small being inside.

“Something greater,” James answered for Dumbledore, who made a noise of agreement.

“As for now, though, she must rest.” Dumbledore stood up. “We all need to.” He made his way over to the door and opened, not surprised to see Millie standing there. “Goodnight, Miss Rugwald.” He patted her shoulder, then disappeared off to wherever he went. Millie wordlessly entered the kitchen and sat down where Dumbledore had been sitting.

“This isn’t the end, is it?” she asked quietly, her gaze falling on Evangeline and Sirius’ intertwined hands.

James was staring at the wall in front of him. It was blank, undecorated, as was most of the house. “That’s the thing,” he said. “It will never end.”
Back to top Go down
SpaceGirl
Admin
SpaceGirl

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Dec 2014, 05:08

HHHHHhhhhhhhh Hhhhhhh HHHHHhhhhHHHHH
Back to top Go down
https://potterrp.rpg-board.net
Lurking Toilet Monster
Queen
Queen
Lurking Toilet Monster

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Dec 2014, 05:16

Aaaaaaaaaaaa
Back to top Go down
SpaceGirl
Admin
SpaceGirl

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Dec 2014, 05:16

hhhh
Back to top Go down
https://potterrp.rpg-board.net
DramaticFreak
Admin
DramaticFreak

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Dec 2014, 05:37

Haven't read yet but shot it's a novella.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RP Games and Stuff!
Page 18 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Potter RP :: RPG :: A Very Potter RP-
Jump to: